Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I am Afraid

Why is there such a difference between things that are raw and any other form. Food? Emotions? Sex? Music? Drugs? Love?

Perhaps the purest form allows a type of unobstructed connection, through which you get an experience - exactly as it's created. What preparation is actually required for the food needed to sustain life - or to process your spectrum of emotions - or touch the tender flesh of another person with your own tenderness - or find a river based on the percussive beats of the water crashing against its shores - or unlock the fantasy of our mind through nature's creative sense of humor - or turn your life upside down for the chance to share love with another person?

I prepare and plan because I am afraid. I am afraid of unintended consequences. I am afraid of being hungry. Or getting sick. I am afraid of not being able to manage my feelings. I am afraid of being alone. I am afraid of silence and I am afraid of surrendering control over my body. I am afraid of someone loving me before I love them. Luckily, over the past year, I have learned that I am not alone in these feelings. I have also learned these feelings are not new.

I found this image yesterday and I started applying it to a few every day things in my life. Let's see what sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment