Tuesday, May 19, 2015

My Ears Are Warm

It's been 9 months since my last post. I left this space with a mission to focus on beauty. I gave myself some perspective and provided a few parameters, but clearly I did not have any idea how to hone in on this subjective focal point (or my life's Drishti).

What is beauty:

Inspiration: finding it, it finding you, and giving it to others
-if you seek superficial relationships, that is what you will find
Friendship: sometimes the gain, other times the loss
Family: power of feeling connected even though your thousands of miles apart
Change: "the pain of not changing is greater than the pain of changing"
Self love: when was the first time you said "i love you" to yourself? When was the last time?

Updates:
-Financials - I am still in debt but things are much better! I currently have $13,800 outstanding. Quick breakdown includes: $3,100 401K loan; $9,500 0% interest credit card loans; $700 reserve line balance; and $500 on my American Express card. The good news is things are getting better. They are not getting worse. And they are not staying the same.

-Fitness - I finally hit the weight room area at the gym last night. It has been a while since I went down there and it felt good to lift. I did a couple workouts and then went to yoga, where I was able to start a handstand from the crow position. This was a huge accomplishment and brought a smile to my face.

-Smoking - I unofficially quit on May 4th, which means I started chewing the stupid disgusting gum. It helps, but I think it also upsets my stomach and gives me diarrhea.

-Drinking - Feeling good about the cut backs I have made. Sometimes I have a couple too many but I think that's part of the fun. The biggest A-ha moment I had over the last 9 months is this: I get drunk at the bar. I realize this; I know this; I own this. Otherwise, I keep myself in control and that is  empowering.

From here, I am going to drop of important life lessons I pick up.
bye

No comments:

Post a Comment