Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Trip is Over

In 2012, Justin and I went to France. We visited Paris and Bordeaux and it was one of the best experiences of my life. We laughed at the Louvre and got lost in Montmartre. We ate in vegetarian restaurants, I ate several sheep thyroid, and we placed a lock on the Pont des Arts bridge. Everything about the trip was special and created myriad memories that I will cherish forever.

Almost three years later, I finally realized the difference between the special connection we shared going into the trip and what we have today. The amount of love between us makes it difficult to talk about having a life beyond today. Each time I think I pass through the hardest part of this journey, life seems to extend the course. We were tricking each other and we were not honest, with ourselves or the other person. So now, much like going through drug withdrawal, we are in our own space and dealing with the pain of being apart.

The trip is over. And it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment